We tried to play hard, but the summer is still ending way too soon. It is hard to believe that school is in full swing and the air is getting chilly. Harder to believe the baby will soon have a birthday.
Kesten, Ryn, and Bry on a float during Pioneer Days.
You are looking at the best babysitter in the world,
(excluding grandmas of course and the rest of Meghan's family).
Meghan and Mya soaking it up after the boys finished swimming lessons.
Poor Ryn had to wait until he was seven, and until we were in town during the summer, before he could take swimming lessons. He and Bry started out in the same class, but Ryn soon moved up to the next class. They both begged to go to the pool any spare chance we had so they could practice!
Lake Cleveland
This was our one camp out for the year. We picked the stormiest night of the summer and had to sweet talk Suzy to keep her from going on back home. Thunder, lightning, rain, relief, more rain.
The Moultrie's came up for supper but didn't brave it through the night.
Grandma and Grandpas came up for a dutch oven breakfast.
Mya patiently waited for someone, ANYONE, to catch a fish. No such luck.
Amanda got one nearly to the shore before it got away. Good thing we brought beef.
Suzy, Mya, Daric, Don
Ryn and Bry didn't give up and fished much of the next morning.
Grandpa and his fishing buddies.
This was the first chipmunk trap I'd ever seen. I think by the time we were ready,
the critters were all too full to care about the pancake bait.
Ryn's patiently waiting to pull that stick with his fishing line...
Ryn's patiently waiting to pull that stick with his fishing line...
Kind of turned out like the fishing did. Dang it.
The boys checking out the look out tower.
We could see the house!
Mutton Bustin'
Bry has turned out to be quite the sheep rider. This was his first year and he placed on all four lambs that he got onto. Now he's sporting three trophies and the memory of a cheeseburger. He fell off a couple of times and bounced on the dirt. The third ride he stepped off after the sheep parked. He fell asleep with that trophy after he wore himself out bragging about it. He stopped complete strangers to tell them his story and show it off. Multiple complete strangers. I don't think he'd trade it for a buckle.
I guess it wore everyone out.
The final ride was definitely the grand finale. The sheep they call "Lamb for Lunch" zigged and zagged and ran full bore. Bry stuck with him and nearly lost it after getting to the other side of the arena, but recovered. I was laughing so hard I was crying. 96 points got him this award. Good job buddy!
Fair and Parade
Don't you hate it when your phone drops a call?
Bry patiently waiting for the parade that started late and then went on for what seemed to be a record amount of time. It was great fun and we made a killing on candy.
Ryn rode the Youth Ranch float to help them display their first place ribbon.
Bry and his date at the steer show.
Just pretend it's a really big sheep!
Ryn's turn!
My hat goes off to Aunt Gena! Woo hoo! I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Maybe next year.
Lake Cleveland is my favorite place in the mountains. I love it there!
ReplyDeleteDoes a Chipmunk trap ever actually work? I'm tempted to try. Or at least teach my boys too - they're more patient than I am!